Monday, April 30, 2012

10 Things I LOVE about the one and only NEW YORK CITY

1. Love.

There are so many great love stories and chick flicks which take place in New York City. I love it! It is a perfect place to find or celebrate love. This is a plate that was on a bench in Central Park which I thought was just darling.

2. Family.

I love spending time with my fabulous Aunt Annie and Uncle Tom. The last few times I went to New York City it was with several people (cousins, parents, Aunts, Uncles), but this time it was just me and my aunt and then me and my uncle. I love spending time with them! They are so brilliant!!!

3. Big Buildings.

For some reason, there is something so pleasant about being in a huge city with gigantic buildings. You feel so small in comparison, yet somehow empowered when surrounded by these giants. This is a picture of the Trump Tower ascending into the foggy sky.

4. Random Delights.

New York City is so eclectic, you find the most random and delightful things!!! Example numbero uno---these adorable little hedgehog babies. F.A.O. Schwarz has the coolest little toys!!! I also got a fabulous collection of paper which I am so excited to use to make some one of a kind cards. There's just way more variety in New York City.

5. The Skyline.

Now, I know, this is not a picture of the skyline of Manhattan. This is a picture of the skyline looking out from Manhattan. But still, its a picture of a skyline that I took. I love looking at the New York City skyline. It's so pleasant to be outside of it and imagine the hustle and bustle within. It's so peaceful. And it makes me so happy! Time to go inside!!!

6. Art.

This is a random art project in someone's backyard year a fashion college, so I'm imagining its a college student's art project. There are all sorts of crazy art exhibits and museums in New York. Heavens, people's clothing is usually art!!! There is so much expression in vibrant colors, exciting music in the subway, concerts, and so much more!!! 

7. Gardens.

New York City is so fantastic because it has a myriad of gardens throughout the city. My favorite is Central Park. Let's be real, its fantastic. There's even a zoo inside of it!!! Hoo-rah! I love that there is space reserved for happy little green plants where people can gather and dogs can play. 

8. Graffiti

Not gonna lie, I love graffiti. Well, the graffiti which is only used for gangs to mark their boundaries is pretty not cool. It's humans marking their territories, the exact instinct dogs have, except in a much more sophisticated way. Which is actually slightly fascinating. But bad, yes. A lot of graffiti is stinkin cool though! I  love seeing the designs, the interesting lines, the vibrant colors, and the IN-YOUR-FACE feeling of graffiti. It's one of the best ways to stick it to the man, in my opinion.

9. Food.

Holy smokes, this lobster cake that I had with my Uncle Tom was SO. STINKIN. GOOD. The day before I had the most amazing Butterfly Pasta at Serendipities (to be discussed later). Food in New York is soooooooooooooo good. Even the hot dogs are worlds beyond anywhere else's hot dogs. I don't know what it is, but the food is A-MAZ-ING. If you haven't been to New York, you should go there just to eat. Seriously. Worth it.

10. Famous Places.

I didin't know what else to say about this one. But really, there is something SO COOL about going around to different shops that you've seen in movies all your life. Like Serendipities. Or FAO Schwarz. Or Dylan's Candy Shop. Or Central Park. It makes me feel so special and happy. It is so darn fun!!!

Pretty much,
LOVE
N E W   Y O R K  C I T Y
I'm gonna do my best to live here someday. Even if its just for a few months, it would be FA-BU-LOUS. 

deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment