Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Awkward Engagement

Advice #1: Don't ask a boy about his engagement unless you KNOW he's engaged.

Today I was in the company of an acquaintance who I thought was engaged. I proceeded to inquire concerning his upcoming marriage. Except he's not engaged, as he soon informed me. After that was settled, there was really nothing to talk about and an awful arena of awkwardness proceeded to envelope us. Don't do it. Learn from my mistake.

To go along with this little thought, I googled "awkward engagement" on google images and found some gems. I will post some of my favorites. :)

" For our engagement pictures, let me stare at the back of your head to show off how much I love you."
"Okay, and I'll stare off into the distance with my dark sunglasses, symbolizing my hope that our future will be sunny."

Makes perfect sense.

 Not gonna lie, my first thought when I saw this picture was--these kids must be BYU students.
And it made me proud. :)

Self-explanatory. 
Kelsi, I know you're going to be tempted to do this with your husband/boyfriend/fiance someday, but please, restrain yourself. It's just a little too close for comfort. Unnecessary. And Unsanitary.

And by the way, isn't AWKWARD an awkward word? The two Ws just keep on throwing me off! It definitely fits its name.

No comments:

Post a Comment