Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Sad Independence Day :9

I don't know what emoticon I accidentally put in the title, I've never seen it before, but I kind of like it. Looks kind of sick, kind of disturbed, kind of like me!

I don't like complaining, but right now I want to. And since there's no one I can complain to in English in a long distance (and even then I'd have to pick up my sick self and get myself over there) here wins the prize. Here, I can speak/write English. And I don't have to go anywhere.

I have been sick for more than a week. First few days, just sick with a cough. Not too bad. runny nose and a nasty cough. I can handle it. Sunday, the calamities start. Meaning diarrhea that I can't imagine could in any way be worse, and an off and on fever between 101/103 degrees Fahrenheit. Great fun, I'll tell ya.

All I want to do is sleep, rest, watch movies, and occasionally eat a little rice. Oh, and drink Sprite. The American way of healing, right?

So what does my Chinese want me to do? Eat. Eat lots. They wake me up breakfast, lunch, and dinner,  sometimes in between, to have me come eat with them. I'll pick at my rice as they shout at me to "EAT MORE! MORE! Don't you understand me?" Okay, I understand you, I just don't want to do what you're telling me too! I tried to explain to them that I have diarrhea, and when you have diarrhea you should only eat rice and bread because its easy to digest. So what do they do? Give me lots of vegetables, and eggs, and tomatoes in soup to eat. Which, I'm sorry, but those just do not sound good right now, and definitely don't sound digestion friendly. I dodge the eggs, have a little broth of the soup over my rice and try a couple of vegetables and disappear to my room before they can shout at me again. I love my family. But really, right now I just want to be with my American family in Kaysville getting better. My mommy would know exactly what to do to help me get better. She wouldn't make me eat any canned-spinachey-looking-vegetables-that-taste-like-garbage.

And for real, if anyone knows any tricks to get rid of diarrhea, please post or email me to let me know. This is getting really old.

Oh, and its the Fourth of July. Hurray for American Independence from Britain! I am sort of really depressed I'm sweating out a fever in China instead of watching fireworks and eating hamburgers in America.

All will be well. The body's gotta heal eventually, right? Right.

WHAT DOESN'T KILL YOU MAKES YOU STRONGER!!!!! STAND A LITTLE TALLER!!! LABLA BAL BLA LONELY WHEN I'M ALONE!!!!! (Kelly Clarkson Lyrics with minor editing by myself)

2 comments:

  1. Becca..I'm sooo sorry that you were sick. Hope you are feeling better. But this blog post kind of cracked me up in places! The part about diarrhea not possibly being any worse made me laugh. Also, the lyrics at the end. "LaBLA BAL BLA Lonely when I'm alone" Now... is this some sort of chinese? or is this you not knowing the lyrics???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you know me. I can't remember the lyrics to any song. :) Doesn't keep me from singing!!!

    ReplyDelete