Monday, April 8, 2013

So much work to do!


 Zdravei family and friends!!!

Last week we did so much work which means we have even more work to do this coming week. Bulgaria, and Stara Zagora, are just exploding! Its incredible! I don't know why I'm so lucky to be here right now! We had 18 lessons, and got 17 receives of people interested. This might not sound like much, but for Bulgaria that's pretty big. I know its not because of Sister Shumway or I, its just because God is great and He's bringing His children to us.

For example, one day we walked out of the Church to get some bread to eat, and talked to two young men within two minutes. Both of them were interested and we met with them yesterday. That's two receives in only a couple minutes! Incredible!

For some reason, Sister Shumway and I typically only teach men, while the Elders teach a larger number of women. Ha ha, I think its really funny that we're teaching all these awesome men. Its amazing because priesthood is what Bulgaria needs! I'm excited to help the priesthood power grow in Bulgaria. Blagoi, who was baptized last week, received the Aaronic Priesthood on Sunday! It was fantastic!

We have four investigators with baptismal dates and they're all really amazing. Violetka has pretty much stopped smoking and will get baptized on the 27 of April with Yordan. Yordan is a funny man. Sometimes the way he looks at me creeps me out, but most of the time he's really cool. Goodness, he's interesting. He has a lot of faith and is really looking forward to being baptized. Reni, has a baptismal date for the end of May. She's the sister of Blagoi (who was baptized last week), and her daughter has Rett Syndrome. I'm so excited for Blagoi's sister to get baptized!!! Eternal families! Reni is so strong and her faith is growing so much as she reads the Book of Mormon and prays. The other investigator with a date Nikolai, a really awesome man in his late 20s. He has to quit smoking, (he used to smoke 30 cigarettes a day!) so it might take him a while to be ready. All of these people are really amazing and I'm so grateful to know them!

This week I learned how amazing the Holy Ghost is!!! We were in a first lesson with two young gypsy men. Neither of them went to Church, but they had some faith in Christ. As we were talking, they kept on being enlightened and sharing truths! Without us teaching them first! The spirit was there in the lesson teaching them. When we showed a picture of Christ being baptized by John the Baptist, Mladen said, "I just realized something I never knew before! We have to be baptized before we receive the Holy Ghost, because baptism prepares us for the Holy Ghost." What a profound truth to come out of his mouth! Ivan, the other one, asked us, "What is this warm feeling I have in my chest?" Sister Shumway explained that it was the Holy Ghost. He got a little teary eyed, and said he didn't realize he would feel it that fast. It was truly amazing. I know that God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost, do EVERYTHING in missionary work. I really just walk around, having no idea what's really going on, trying to help God. God leads us to people, Christ gives them the power to change, and the Holy Ghost teaches them truth. I just get to work and learn from God; its so incredible.

There is so much work to be done to share the Gospel. I have an invitation to everyone who reads this email. I invite you to share some light--a talk, a scripture, your testimony, or any material about Christ--with someone who needs it this week. If you pray about it, and exercise your faith, God will lead you to someone who needs that light. You'll bless them, and God will bless you both! Best of luck!

I love you all! Happy Spring!
Sestra Stenquist

No comments:

Post a Comment