Monday, May 6, 2013

Happy Easter! Chestit Velik Den!


It was Easter yesterday! Happy Easter!!!

Some members brought some colored hard boiled eggs to Church to share with everyone. Instead of hiding eggs and finding them, they each hold an egg and bump the tops together. Whoever's doesn't crack gets luck for the next year. The first egg that challenged me, I conquered. Yeah, that's luck for a whole year! The next one cracked my egg, though, so I don't know if it reversed the luck. We also got lots of cookies from members that they make for Easter. They're called Korabi and they're kind of like sugar cookies. For dinner we went to an investigators house where we had lamb. Everyone eats lamb for Easter, and they cook up a whole lamb to eat. Reni gave me lots of meat, mostly the meat pieces of the spinal chord and ribs. She gave Sister Bingham an eyeball, some lungs, and other weird stuff, so I was very happy with what I was given to eat. The rice had liver in it which isn't my favorite but I thought the pieces were mushrooms until the very end, so I really didn't even notice. It was really a memorable Easter.

Since it was Easter missionary work was really hard this week. A lot of people are out of town in Selo---country villages. No one answered their phones for lessons, there weren't very many people on the street to talk to, so I kind of felt like I was just wandering around the city a lot of the time. One day we contacted 9 hours! That's the most I've contacted in one day. My feet hurt so bad! I've gotten a few blisters this week, but oh well. I just remind myself that I'm doing it for God, and even if it accomplishes nothing, I'm showing my love for Him.

Today is Saint Georgiov Day!!! He's the St. George who killed the dragon. A lot of stores are closed for the holiday. Everyone was really excited for this holiday. There's a statue of St. George and the dragon one of the parks by our house and I think its funny that Bulgarians love St. George so much.

Sister Bingham is here now! It is kind of shocking because she is OPPOSITE  of Sister Shumway. I think Heavenly Father is just trying to teach me a lot, to send me the two opposite extremes of missionary work to work with. Sister Bingham is really nice and happy and I enjoy being around her. I keep on feeling like we're not working hard enough, though, even though I know we are working. There is just so much work to do and I feel guilty if I'm ever not working! Ah!

One exciting bit of news is that we have 4-5 families we want to meet with this week! I've been trying to talk to families and its frustrating because you can bet 99% they will reject you. But you do it anyway, just to try. And this week we found some interested families we can meet with! I'm super excited and hope I set up appointments with them! It just goes to show that you have to show your faith, even through a bunch of failure, until you receive a miracle after the trial of your faith.

Happy Easter and Happy St. Georgiev Day!
Mnogo Obich,
Sestra Stenquist

No comments:

Post a Comment