Monday, May 13, 2013

Rejection!!! Yay!!! I love getting rejected!!!

Ha ha, the theme of this week is probably rejection. We got rejected a lot. The good thing is, I know my message is true, I know that God loves these people, so I just try to kill them with kindness when they're unkind to me. Sometimes people yell at me, tell me I'm brainwashed, or are really unkind, and I just say a pray for them in my head, smile, wish them a good day and walk away. Oh Bulgarians. 

Interestingly, the most kind people seem to be the Muslims and Atheists. They usually talk to us, listen, ask questions, even though they aren't interested to be taught. A lot of Christians are so stuck to the Pravoslav Church and all of its traditions that they aren't very nice to us. I smile and say hi to everyone. 

We were taking a bus from Varna to Stara Zagora and a woman was staring at me. I said, "Hello! Where are you traveling to?" And then she started yelling at me in English about how they don't need our religion and we need to leave Bulgaria. It was kind of awkward because we were surrounded by people waiting for the same bus. Later, on the bus, a man asked us how our Church was different and we explained the restoration and Book of Mormon to him. He was very nice to us and we talked to him for quite a while. A woman sitting in front of us turned around and said, "You two are God's people, aren't you? It is so great that you are here to help people and to serve Jesus Christ! I believe in Christ and so does my son. I'm really glad you're here helping people." The funny thing is, the not-so-nice woman was sitting close by so she heard all of our conversations with the nice people. 

So even though there are some mean people, and a lot of people don't want to listen, there are also a lot of nice people, and some few miracles ready to accept the Gospel!

I know I can't be discouraged or feel bad for myself when I am rejected. Christ himself, the Savior of the world, was rejected by his own people! His own apostle sold him for some money. And the people who do listen and receive the blessings of the Gospel are so precious and miraculous that they are worth every effort to find. I am so honored to know all the wonderful members and hear their testimonies. They are like diamonds!

I love you all and hope you are all happy no matter what hard things you have this week. 

Sister Stenquist

2 comments:

  1. Hi my freind, how are you? I so happy to see your picture in this website. It's me Dhady from Republic of Congo living in Beijing, member of the Mormon church. My skype is dhady.kalou if you want, we can talk on the skype, that will be good. Take care. I miss you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi my freind, how are you? I so happy to see your picture in this website. It's me Dhady from Republic of Congo living in Beijing, member of the Mormon church. My skype is dhady.kalou if you want, we can talk on the skype, that will be good. Take care. I miss you so much!

    ReplyDelete