Sunday, June 30, 2013

Weather in Bulgaria is as bi-polar as Utah. For a couple days it will be SO HOT AND HUMID and then the next will be cold with thunderstorms. Its awfully strange. Today is cloudy, so I'm carrying around my rain jacket just in case. I want to make sure I never get Bronchitis ever again!

Not a lot happened this week. People in Sofia are a bit less friendly than in Stara Zagora. The Church has been here the longest, so pretty much everyone knows who we are and that we want to talk to them, and they blow us off. I try to smile big and say hi to everyone to show them the light of Christ.

We got a new investigator this week named Katia. She is so nice! She invited us over to her house, fed us homemade pizza, and immediately loved us like her own grandchildren. It amazes me how open hearted some people are. We didn't get to teach her very much, because she talks a LOT, but we'll go back and teach more. She also wants us to teach all of her family. Fine with me!

We are teaching a young man named Efgini who is really cool. He's pretty quiet, but really sincere. He was supposed to get baptized a few weeks ago, but his family is really against the Church and so it didn't happen. Apparently his dad even threatened him with a gun. So, for the time being, we are waiting on baptism. He still comes to Church on Sunday and YSA activities though, which shows me he has a lot of faith.

Another investigator is this beautiful girl named Deia. The Elders used to teach her, and I don't know how they did, since she's so pretty. She's going to college, studying English, really smart, and has been investigating the Church for a year. That's a long time! The missionaries have been trying over and over and over again to get her baptized but she won't budge. We had a good lesson with her, and discovered some of the reasons why she won't commit to baptism. I like finding people's problems so I can find solutions to resolve them. Its like a puzzle, led by the Spirit.

Its wierd, but I often have really spiritual experiences when I'm in the metro system. This week we were sitting on the benches, waiting for the metro, and I was watching all of the people. It is just amazing to me how different and unique each person is. People walk around each other, not talking, barely even noticing each other. But when I observe people I can feel God's love for them and it makes me want to run up and get to know them! I want to give them a hug and teach them to have a personal relationship with Heavenly Father, so that they can light and purpose in life.

It is sad to me that people reject my message without even knowing what it is and how good it is. I feel like most people are running around with their hands over their eyes shouting "no! I don't want to open my eyes! I don't believe in sunshine!" Just open your eyes, have an open heart, and you'll find the beauty of the light!  I always have to remember the eternal perspective, to have love and patience, so that I don't give up. They'll open their eyes with time.

Jesus is the Christ. He has a living prophet on earth today. These are very very good things. I love that I get to work with God for the salvation of His children all day every day. I love it a lot.

Much love,
Sister Stenquist

No comments:

Post a Comment